Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thank you Mom, A Poem by Miss Kaitlyn


Thank-you, Mom,

For endless days

You’ve cared for me,

In endless ways


Thanks for working

Every hour,

To protect me from

Evil’s power.


The days, they seem,

To slip away

And sometimes our friendship

Begins to fray.


I just want

You to know,

Thanks for caring more,

For how I grow.


Most of all

I want to thank you for

Guiding me upward,

More and more.


For teaching me the way,

That I should go,

Even when

It hurts you so.


Please forgive

My reckless days

And everytime

It did replay.


Thanks for the lessons

You’ve taught to me,

Like saving myself

For the man to be.


Thanks for guiding me

All the way

Everytime

I start to stray.


Thank-You for not

Giving up on me.

When I was surly,

You prayed for me.


Artwork and poem by: Miss Kaitlyn

3 comments:

Miss Virginia said...

Thank for the poem Miss Kaitlyn. That was nice.

Anonymous said...

That was a great poem, Miss Kaitlyn. I loved it. It's so true! Great job on the picture too!

Love,
Lady Rachel

Angie said...

Olivia and I loved this. So heartwarming! Such nice artwork too.

LinkWithin