
This recipe is a favorite of our family’s. My mom learned it from her Meemaw. It is called 'Eggs A La Goldenrod'. We looked it up on the internet a while back and found it in an old Farm Cookbook from the 1800’s.

Ingredients:
Hard boiled egg
4 Tbs butter
4 Tbs flour
Milk
Toast
Dash of salt
pepper
Step 1: Boil eggs. We cook about 2 eggs per person.
Step 2: Prepare gravy. Melt your butter in a saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, salt
and pepper; cook until smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk.Step 3: Heat to boiling on medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
Step 4: Make toast. We prepare about 2-3 pieces per person.

Step 5: Separate white of eggs from yolk. Add egg whites to gravy and pour over torn pieces of toast.
Step 6: Sprinkle yolk over the top and season with salt and pepper.
3 comments:
This makes us very proud......Nana and Papa
Hm, looks good. I've never seen it done like that before - with the gravy. I like eating easy-over eggs on toast... where the yokes are still running. They taste delicious.
Your recipe looks really good. I may have to try it.
Good job Livy! :)
Love
MJ
For me this is the ultimate comfort food. My mom and I used to make this all the time when I was growing up, nothing says home like this dish! Super easy, cheap, filling, and delicious! I've also had it where you leave the toast whole and spoon the sauce/yolks over it and just cut it with a knife and fork while eating. I prefer the pulled apart toast, but I just thought I'd mention another way to serve it.
Post a Comment