We know that Pharaoh did not believe in God, he believed in his own gods and in himself. Pharaoh did not worship and love the Creator. He loved his own gods. We have seen many times throughout the Bible where people turned their hearts away from the Lord and towards other things that caught the attention of their heart.
Samson left what he knew was a right life to be with a woman who caused his fall. Solomon walked away from the Lord and had many wives. David left his first love and sought out Bathsheba. The people in the days of Noah had hearts that were only evil continually, and they missed the boat! Then we have Peter who denied the Lord three times.
We can clearly see what trouble it causes when people give their hearts away to the wrong thing/people. This is where young ladies need to be very careful with their hearts. I grew up in the world, living the way the world teaches we should. Having many 'boy' friends and crushes while in my younger, unsaved years. Each time I gave my heart over to a boy, not only would my heart be crushed, but it turned further and further away from my own daddy. My focus was on whoever the 'cute' guy was and not on making my daddy proud of me.
Within a very short amount of time I had developed a deep abiding desire to be wherever the boy was. I wanted to sit at the lunch table that had the clear view of him, without being noticed of course. I sat near where he would play soccer at the lunch time field. I would play handball just to keep an eye on him. My crushes became obsessions! Somewhere in the depths of my heart, I also began to believe that NO ONE else was 'allowed' to like him, because *I* liked him first! The very first time I noticed another girl keeping her eye on him too, there would be a wildfire burning within my soul!
This was a vicious cycle in my life and among my friendships. It would soon come out that the boy would realize that I had eyes for him and he would make it very clear that he was not interested in me, calling me names, ignoring me, gossiping about me, etc. The next thing I know he likes the other girl! Life, as I knew it, was ruined! Until a new guy would catch my eye that is. That green eyed monster would soon be unleashed again. Jealousy would keep me bound in chains of misery time and time again. After a while my heart became hardened. I no longer trusted a boy. By the time I met the man who did become my husband, I had a very difficult time allowing him to have my heart. Where does this crazy merry-go-round end? Get off before you get dizzy and pass out.
Deutoronomy 6:5, "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." (KJV)
Sigh* What a relief! All I need to do is love the Lord my God, with all my heart, soul, and might!
Sing this song with me: 'Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus'
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Chorus:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Chorus
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!
Chorus
His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!
Just turn your eyes upon Jesus and keep HIM in your sights! Keep your eyes on Jesus and make your focal point in life to be of Him. Jesus loves you and you will never feel the devastating break of the heart from Him. He tells you that He loves you and will never speak ill of you. He will never fail you and will always be there for you.
Don't allow the things of earth to strangle you and cause you to have a hardened heart. God has a plan for your life and He wants to have your heart until the day He opens the door for you to give it to the man you will marry. Until then keep your heart and eyes on Jesus and allow your daddy to protect you from the pain this world tries to snare you with.

1 comment:
Wonderful article, I had never thought about my focus on boys interfering with my relationship with my father. That's something that can be passed forward, thank you for taking the time to write this :)
Post a Comment