Friday, October 31, 2008

Video Games



Well, this time I am writing about video games. The other day I was in a store with my family and I saw some of the scariest images I have ever seen on some of those games. Movies and music get much of the blame when it comes to violence such as the Columbine shooting, but video games are also sometimes involved.

You may ask what video games have to do with violence in the real world. Well, a lot. We are naturally born to want to win. If a video game relates violence with winning, it's no wonder kids think that in order to win in the world, you have to have a little violence. Which is not true.

The Bible says in Psalm 101:3 "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me."

If it is violent and scary, I don't think that it is of the Lord. Which means that it is of the devil, it is wickedness. God wants us to "abstain from all appearances of evil". Why would we want to seem wicked when we are a child of the King? It is not that we WANT to be wicked, but nonetheless, it is still wicked. Let' s be a shining example to those in the world. Let's show others that we are set apart and something is different about us. That something is God.

There is so much more that you could be doing with your time. Clean up, learn something new, share the gospel, write something for Him, or go read The Good Book.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady Jess,
I really agree with you. Continue to let your light shine!
~Rachel Weller

Cynthia said...

You are so right. We could be spending our time with our family or with the Lord.

LinkWithin