Friday, October 17, 2008

Beauty Planner: Tips From Starr Salon

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/designergs/growingingrace/Jess/beautyplanner.jpg

Cleansing Tips

For Clean Locks:

You shouldn't shampoo your hair more than 2x a week, as it makes your hair too dry and flyaway.

When you shampoo your hair you should always wash it 2x with the shampoo before conditioner. The first time is to loosen the dirt and oils, and the second time is to make sure your hair is all the way clean.

Cleansing the Sensitive Eye Area:

When touching (or wiping) under your eye, you need to go (lightly) from the outside towards your nose.

Declatage:

Always wipe or rub up from the bottom of your neck up to your chin.


aka Grandma Starr at Starr Salon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs.Starr,
I enjoyed reading your beauty tips...very nice.

I was wondering though, how do you keep hair clean if only wash it twice a week? I would love to only wash it twice a week...my hair it pretty long...to my waist, and I wash it every other day...other wise it just gets limp. How do you keep it looking clean that long?

Thank you for your time....

Sincerely,
Brielle

Anonymous said...

Wow- Good tips!
Thanks,
R. W.

Grandma Starr said...

Hi Miss Brielle,
The shampooing 2x a week rule applies to most people. Sometimes, depending on styling products used, the type of shampoo, moisturizer, or conditioner etc., can all be factors that might make your hair feel like it needs to be shampooed more often. Sometimes people that have a lot of natural oil in their hair, or oily skin, might need to shampoo more often, while people with dry hair may shampoo less often.
Hope this helps.......
Thanks for the comments
Judi

auntjen said...

Yes,
Grandma Starr I was wondering what would you suggest I do; My beautician recently moved thousands of miles away and now I don't have anyone to color my hair. My roots/and gray hair is beginning to show.....HELP...
sincerely,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen,
I can understand that problem. I am always happy to accept new (and old) clients at Starr Salon. My suggestion to you would be to come and visit me there.
Miss you!
Grandma Starr

Anonymous said...

I too wonder how a person like myself would be able to only wash their hair 2x a week. My hair is quite oily by the second evening if I skip shampooings. It doesn't just 'feel' oily it LOOKS oily. It didn't used to be this way when I was younger, but things(aka hormones) change after having kids, I suppose. My hair is drier, but don't see making it more embarrassingly oily as an alternative by not washing it. Any suggestions besides not washing to make my hair less dry? I've tried using natural hair soaps and vinegar rinse, but the vinegar made it much drier.

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
I am not sure I understand your question...whether your hair is too oily or too dry.....
The shampooing 2x a week rule applies to most people.
Sometimes, depending on styling products used, the type of shampoo, moisturizer, or conditioner etc., can all be factors that might make your hair feel like it needs to be shampooed more often.
Also, people that have a lot of natural oil in their hair, or oily skin, might need to shampoo more often, while people with dry hair may shampoo less often.
Also, I have known people with oily hair that have used just a small amount of powder in their hair and then a good brushing to take the powder and oily feeling from their hair. The vinegar is also a good rinse. If it dries out your hair too much, dilute it with water and rinse.
Hope this answers your question. Thanks for your comment.
Grandma Starr (Judi)

LinkWithin