
Blessed with a priceless gift,
Into this world I came;
Born not into wealth,
Nor royalty, nor fame,
But given so much more;
A truly priceless treasure—
A Daddy who gave all to give
Much more than I can measure.
Dad, you gave me Time and Truth;
Such rare commodities.
My lullaby was laughter,
As gentle as the breeze.
You wrapped your arms around me
Every single day!
You taught me how to Love!
You taught me how to Pray!
You taught me how to Sacrifice
With willingness to Give;
The value of a Sincere Heart
Taught me how to live.
As my childhood tears were dried
By your silly, Daddy smile,
But yet I saw tears in your eyes
When you walked me down the aisle.
Years have passed too quickly
And now I am all grown;
No longer a little girl,
I have children of my own.
So often now I find,
Across the miles between,
Your words have grown into my soul
More than you ever dreamed.
Through many times of trial
You’ve felt the hand of God;
You’ve demonstrated Faith and Hope,
Though through the flames you’ve trod.
Daddy, there’ve been many times
That you’ve supported me
And I just wanted you to know
Your strength has set me free.
I’ve learned what matters most…
From virtues you bestowed;
Throughout my childhood and still now,
That patience that you showed.
It’s not always easy,
As you have oft’ told me,
But continue doing Right;
Keep living faithfully.
But always I remember,
And want to remind you,
Be Strong and Courageous,
The Lord will see you through.
They that wait upon Him,
Their strength He will renew
And when on Eagle’s Wings you soar
I’ll be with you too!

Into this world I came;
Born not into wealth,
Nor royalty, nor fame,
But given so much more;
A truly priceless treasure—
A Daddy who gave all to give
Much more than I can measure.
Dad, you gave me Time and Truth;
Such rare commodities.
My lullaby was laughter,
As gentle as the breeze.
You wrapped your arms around me
Every single day!
You taught me how to Love!
You taught me how to Pray!
You taught me how to Sacrifice
With willingness to Give;
The value of a Sincere Heart
Taught me how to live.
As my childhood tears were dried
By your silly, Daddy smile,
But yet I saw tears in your eyes
When you walked me down the aisle.
Years have passed too quickly
And now I am all grown;
No longer a little girl,
I have children of my own.
So often now I find,
Across the miles between,
Your words have grown into my soul
More than you ever dreamed.
Through many times of trial
You’ve felt the hand of God;
You’ve demonstrated Faith and Hope,
Though through the flames you’ve trod.
Daddy, there’ve been many times
That you’ve supported me
And I just wanted you to know
Your strength has set me free.
I’ve learned what matters most…
From virtues you bestowed;
Throughout my childhood and still now,
That patience that you showed.
It’s not always easy,
As you have oft’ told me,
But continue doing Right;
Keep living faithfully.
But always I remember,
And want to remind you,
Be Strong and Courageous,
The Lord will see you through.
They that wait upon Him,
Their strength He will renew
And when on Eagle’s Wings you soar
I’ll be with you too!


1 comment:
this is a verry sweet thing you have wrote about your dad.
It was verry touching.
Post a Comment