Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't hide


When I was a little girl I got in trouble a lot. My mom was looking for me I was hiding under my crib. I was like Jonah in the Bible; he tried to go somewhere else to hide from God. But he realized that he can’t hide from God because God is everywhere.


Now that I am grown up I realized that nobody can hide from God, not even me. Jonah 1:3 says, “But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.” (KJV)

God tells us there, that Jonah ran and hid from God. I did that same thing and my mom found me. God says that if you hide He will find you because He is omnipresent. Omnipresent means that God is everywhere.

Proverbs 15:3, “The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.”(KJV)

There is no reason to even hide from God because He loves you and He will help you through the situation that you are in. Even when I was hiding from my mom she always knew right where I was and she showed me that she loved me. :0)

1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”(KJV)








4 comments:

debi9kids said...

I just love your beautiful website! I can't wait to share it with my girls.
:) Debi

CalvaryGirl said...

Truer words were never told. Thanks for sharing that with us Miss MJ g*

Angie said...

Miss Monica June, that is one of my favorite pieces you have ever written. So beautifully put. I also couldn't help but think of Psalm 139 when I read this. Thank you for this encouragment.

Miss Virginia said...

My sister,

I like this devotion and it helps me about not to hide from my mom and God. I should never listen to other people when they say bad words. And I shouldn't listen to bad music and other things. I should obey my mom and God and my sisters, and my dad. And I shouldn't hit my brother or my sisters. From your sister, Miss Virginia

LinkWithin