
Materials
* 2 cups salt
* 2/3 cups water
* Saucepan
* 1 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup cold water
Directions
1. Stir salt and water in a saucepan over heat 4-5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; add cornstarch and cold water.
3. Stir until smooth.
4. Return to heat and cook until thick.
5. Allow the clay to cool,
6. Have fun with your clay, shaping it as desired. See ideas below!
7. When your clay is dry, decorate it with paint or markers. Use your imagination!
8. If you like, finish with clear acrylic spray or clear nail polish.
9. Store unused clay in a Ziploc bag.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ideas for clay…
* Use cookie cutters for cutting out shapes.
* Roll your clay into long pieces to braid it.
* Make a pinch pot to hold jewelry or office supplies.
* Lay flat clay over a bowl to dry into a uniform shape.
* Collect items from nature like leaves or flowers and try fashioning your clay into their shape.
* Use toothpick or other sharp objects to make lines or grooves in your clay.
* Find interesting textures like mesh or baskets to press your clay upon giving it a different dimension.
* Press pretty objects into your clay to embellish it.
Isaiah 64:8, "O LORD, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." (KJV)


1 comment:
This is so neat! I knew you could make play doh but never thought about making clay at home. I hope sea salt works just as good, LOL We'll find out! I bought the wrong texture os sea salt the first time I went seeking it, so I have some coarser salt that needs to be used up. This will be perfect! Good object lesson for the potter / clay devotional, too. Thanks so much for sharing this :O)
Post a Comment