Friday, January 18, 2008

Just Ask Gracie


Dear Gracie,

I don't often get to have a friend over and when that chance comes, my younger siblings practically beg for my guest's attention. How can I spend time with my friend and not hurt my siblings feelings?

~Tossed Between

****************************************

Dear Tossed Between,

I can understand how you feel. Imagine how the disciples felt when their friends found out that they knew the Son of God? I'll bet they wanted to see Jesus and get to know Him as well. It must be very special to your friend that your family welcomes them with open arms.

How about if you talk to your parents and siblings before a friend comes over and suggest that you will ask your friend to join in a group activity for one game, to include your siblings, then request your 'friend time' to be just between friends?


Always be sure that your siblings know that you love them though. Family is far more important than friends are and I can tell that you are genuinely concerned about your siblings feelings. May the Lord bless your family and friend relationships.

John 11:5, "Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus."

'Just Ask Gracie' is a monthly column for girls who want to send in their perplexing questions, and answered by "Gracie" Question submissions of inappropriate nature will not be permitted. You can send your questions to justaskgracie@gmail.com

1 comment:

Traci Weldie said...

This helped me so SO much, because I struggle with the same thing. Thank you!

LinkWithin