Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Beauty Planner: Healthy Hair



I found these steps to healthier hair, and thought that maybe you might want to know.

1. Cut down on tea and coffee, instead drink water (between six and eight glasses a day), herbal teas and unsweetened fruit juice.

2. Believe it or not, regular exercise can help your hair. It will supply healthy blood cells to help nourish, regenerate and repair your hair.

3. Eating 2-3 pieces of fruit a day provides your hair with vital vitamins and minerals.

4. Avoid rubbing, pulling or stretching wet hair.

Did you know that some women have a spiritual connection to their hair? During times if grieving some women allow their hair to grow for a period of time. When they feel that they have passed that grieving stage they get their hair cut.

I once had very long hair and I wanted it cut very short. I was so sad after I cut it. Ever since then I have allowed it to grow very long. The Bible talks about a woman's hair being her crown of glory.

1 Corinthians 11:14, "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. " (KJV)

Have you ever struggled with the idea of getting your hair cut?

'The Beauty Planner' will be a weekly tip article discussing various topics of beauty. If you have a tip you'd like to see featured, send in your Beauty Submissions to our Editor.

6 comments:

MJ said...

great article Jess!

Growing In Grace Magazine said...

Wonderful tips Jess! Thank you!

Angie said...

Good ideas, and yes, I remember many times I regretted cutting my hair!

Olivia :) said...

Wow I never knew that all those things could help your hair.

Real Life Sarah said...

This is interesting Jess. My daughter is considering donating to "locks of love." She has wanted to cut her hair, but I was afraid of this very thing. I think she would regret it. But donating to cancer patients will give her a good feeling about it, I believe, then if she doesn't like short hair, she doesn't have to cut it again.

Keep up the great writing.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister,

As a mom of three, I was wonderfully surprised how you have placed ideas down for helping out young ladies. IF only you were around once my mom started giving me green eye shadow! Another makeup line others might want to consider is Neutrogena. (it might be a bit pricey for some, but my doctor recommended this for skin care because it is dermatologist tested. it was always say that on the package) Also, I did not see a mention in diet as well. Once we started to throwing out junk food, my daughter's face cleared up rather face and she lost weight from eating the junk food. A much happier person I was blessed with!

Will look into these lines of makeup. Thanks so much for your time and energy in writing all of this down!

~lisa gailey
-subscriber

LinkWithin