Our best pal really is Jesus. It says so right in the Bible. I'll bet you never thought about Jesus as being our principal have you?
John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (KJV)
We know that the Word was 'with' God and 'is' God.
John 1: 14, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...." (KJV)
We get wisdom from God's word and the most popular book in the Bible for wisdom is Proverbs.
Proverbs 4:7, "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." (KJV)
I know, not exactly like God is saying Jesus is a principal, but think about what a principal does. The school principal is the leader and shows us what kind of education we are getting, or should be getting. Homeschoolers may consider their mom or dad their principal. Anyway you look at it, we all have a principal. Kids in school will often say that you don't want to end up in the principal's office, they think that's a bad thing. I guess it all depends on why you get sent there.
I was called to the principal's office once and I was SO nervous. I was almost shaking in my shoes. My hands got moist as my temperature began to rise. I feared that I was in trouble. I always felt that way whenever someone in authority called upon me. Even now as an adult I get nervous if my Pastor calls. He recently called me and it happened again. I was nervous! The secretary said, "I have Pastor calling, please hold...." I held my breath. As my mind raced to think of why he would be calling me, I heard the phone pick up. "Hello Lisa it's Pastor. I wanted to call and apologize..."
Now I was confused, why oh why would he being saying he's sorry to 'me'? He then went on to explain that he knew my Nana had passed away and he was out of town and not able to come visit me. I took a deep sigh of relief and began to get teary eyed. How sweet of him! We had a nice talk about my Nana and it really touched my heart to have him call me about that.
Why is it that we are so nervous when an authority figure calls upon us? Do we get nervous when God, our principal, calls upon us? Are we nervous out of fear that we did something wrong or out of humility because we know we fall short every day? Do you allow Jesus to be your 'principal'? When was the last time you got down on your knees and really asked Him how you could do better at loving Him or obeying your parents?
No comments:
Post a Comment