Friday, July 31, 2009

Miss Lucy 'A Family Girl'

by Miss Monica June


This is my friend Miss Lucy. We sing together in our local Christian Girls Choir and she agreed to be in our August Issue. I have a lot of fun with Lucy and something that is special about our friendship is that we can talk about God together. I don't often find other teen girls my age that want to talk about our Savior, but Lucy does. This makes our friendship built on the Solid Rock.

GGM:Tell me about your childhood and family, and where you grew up?
Miss Lucy: I have grown and am still growing up in Northern California. I have 4 siblings, and 2 are married. And I have two amazing christian parents who love me.

GGM: How many siblings do you have? And what is something special about each of them?
Miss Lucy: I have 1 brother and 3 sisters. Erin is my oldest sister and she is very kind to me, I want my marriage to be just like hers. My brother is a big inspiration in his music to me. My sister Rosie is the person I want to be when I grow up, every one loves her and she is always loving, kind and sweet every day even if she doesn't feel like it. My sister Caitlin is very funny you could be really mad about some thing and she can make you smile.


GGM: What are some girly things you do with your mother and sisters?
Miss Lucy: We have girl nights at my sisters house when her husband is gone and sometimes just us sisters have sleep overs at her house and have home made waffles for breakfast.

GGM: How do you spend father-daughter time with your dad? What things to do you together?
Miss Lucy: Go out to ice cream just him and I, once a year there is this father daughter camping trip and we go to that, he takes me for a ride on his motorcycle, he helps me make some thing that I've wanted to make for a while, and he holds me.

GGM: Who would you say has been your biggest influence and inspiration?
Miss Lucy: My sister Rosie and my brother in law's sister Elizabeth Watkins.

GGM: Please share which passage of the Bible has been a great encouragement to you.
Miss Lucy: I don't really have one but my favorite bible verse is John 3:16.

GGM: Tell us how you got started singing in your local Christian Girl's Choir.
Miss Lucy: My oldest sister Erin was in the choir when she was a teen, but that was when it was one choir for boys and girls so my brother was in it too. Then when Rosie turned 6 she got to go, then when Caitlin joined it wasn't for boys and girls any more, just girls. And when I turned 6 then I got to go. And I've been going ever since.


GGM: What are your favorite hobbies? And why do you like them?
Miss Lucy: I like to sing because I can, I like to be with my animals, cause their my friends, and I like to play the piano and play the guitar, because they're beautiful sounding.

GGM: What have you read in your Bible lately that has really spoken to you?
Miss Lucy: I've been reading the stories from the bible and I really like the story of Joseph and the beautiful coat and how that even though his brothers sold him he saw it in a good way and he forgave them. And he did what God tells all of us to do.......to love our enemies.

GGM: Tell us about your homeschool.
Miss Lucy: I really like my home school system. I home school through C.O.R.E. and that's my charter school, but its really cool cause I get to see what public school is like and I've made good Christian friends there and the teachers are really cool and fun.

GGM: What is your favorite subject to learn about and why? Miss Lucy: History because I get to learn about what has already happened to our ancestors.

GGM: What sort of things do you do with your family?
Miss Lucy: We have family nights on every Sunday evening and my mom cooks a big great dinner for us and we play with our niece and nephew and my brother Chris' and Leslys' new puppy and then we all have dessert.

GGM: What is your favorite Christian songs and how does God speak to you through those?
Miss Lucy: I like the songs from KLOVE because they show me that even if being a Christian means that the rest of the word is doing something that isn't Godly, doesn't mean you have to be like the world.

GGM: What family traditions are important to you that you want to pass down to your future family someday?
Miss Lucy: On Christmas Eve we have a crab and shrimp dinner, and on New Years Eve we have Chinese food and my dad makes wontons, And having family nights on Sunday evenings.

GGM: What do you do when you get bored?
Miss Lucy: I play piano, go on the computer, practice guitar, and SWIM!
GGM: Do you like to ride your bike, if so, where?
Miss Lucy: I like to ride it to my sister's house.
GGM: Your rabbit is very cute, but what do you do for them when it gets so hot here?
Miss Lucy: When it gets hot in the summer, I put a soda bottle filled with frozen water and put it in my rabbit's cage. It lays next to the water bottle and it gets cooled off.

GGM: Do you have a special place where you have your devotions?
Miss Lucy: Yes, I like to sit up in the top of my old playhouse.

I hope I can play guitar better one day too :) Oh, and my dog Rusty is my best friend :P

Thank you for allowing me to come take your pictures and interview you for the August issue Miss Lucy. I had a lot of fun in fellowship with you today.

Miss Monica June is a young teen girl who is homeschooled and is pursuing her artistic talent of jewelry making. She enjoys cooking and encouraging others to share about their education at From The Learning Room.





1 comment:

Alli said...

I had a great time reading about Miss Lucy.

John 3:16 is my favorite verse also.

I also like to sing. I like playing with my dogs too.

I have never heard of KLOVE, but as soon as I am done here, I will check them out.

I also go on my computer when I am bored.

I have a rabbit, too. Her name is Foofoo. But we keep her in the basement all year round.

We have a dog who we keep outside, and when it is Summer or really hot, I take a cupful of ice cubes and dump them in her water.

I like doing my devotions near my window with my blinds opened. Sometimes in Spring, I'll go out in the backyard and sit underneath the shady, cool tree.

It was nice getting to know you, Miss Lucy!!!

~*~Alli~*~

LinkWithin