Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What do YOU do in this Summer Heat?

parkOur family resides in Northern California and it has been an average of 100 degrees for the past couple of weeks and it's only July! August s ALWAYS hotter than this, for us, and I am wondering what YOU do to beat the heat?


By the time we wake up we MUST have the air conditioning on to make it through the day. We have house fans buzzing in each room and we limit laundry detail to early in the morning or late at night, because the machines heat up our tiny home.

If we want to get to the park we need to get up way too early to be able to make it happen and so we are limited in our outdoor activity. So what do you do inside the house when it's just too hot to go out?

Sisterlisa is the owner and Editor-in-Chief of Growing in Grace Magazine and owner of AGMinistries, a devotion blog for women. She is married and homeschools her four children while remaining active in serving the Lord in her community.




5 comments:

MrsMomma said...

We leave the air on, too, and then go out in the evenings after the sun is down.


Thanks for visiting my blog & for your sweet comment!
-Heather

Anonymous said...

later in the day I may run with my sisters, but during the day, I read my Redwall books {by Brian Jaques}

Unknown said...

I live in south Texas & it's been between 100-115 since the end of May or so.. it'll probably continue to be this hot until mid-September or so.

I got a book on friendship bracelets & I've been learning to make different patterns & designs with embroidery floss.

I've been working on crocheting a baby blanket for my hope chest & a scarf for the winter. (In case you're wondering it doesn't get that cold here but it gets cold enough).

I'm also reading So Much More by the Botkin sisters & Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper.

Hayley said...

It's winter here, but still getting up to about 35 degrees Celsius at midday. We mostly stay inside during our hot season, and come out in the late afternoon. some fun things to do inside are:

read
make a cubby out of sheets and chairs
craft
play a bord or card game
blog
make icy poles

Hayley

Mary said...

We used to live in N. Cal., and yes, it sure gets hot there. Do some people still use evaporative coolers?

LinkWithin