Saturday, January 31, 2009

Remote ConTroll: Fireproof the Movie & The Love Dare

by Sisterlisa

fireproofbanner

Most of us have either already seen Fireproof or were waiting for the public release of the DVD. Fireproof the Movie hit the shelves with a bang last week. I was honored to have the opportunity to interview Miss Erin Bethea at AGMinistries.org before the movie was released. My husband and I saw the film while it was in our town and I was not prepared for the emotions that came forth while watching this inspiring film on marriage.

Now that Fireproof is available for everyone to see in the comfort of their own homes, I highly recommend a box of tissue to be by your side. Kirk Cameron gives an awesome performance as the fire chief husband driven to achieve respect from his wife. Although the film shows the tension between the husband and wife, you won't hear any profanity, nor any physical violence in their relationship. Convincing emotions run high between this couple and may be best suited for mature audiences due to the nature of the main rift in their relationship. As a parent I recommend you view the film before allowing your children to see it. We have decided to allow our oldest daughter to see the film, but are still praying about whether or not to allow the second oldest to see it.

Fireproof is not without comedy relief, as the firefighters learn a valuable lesson in pride. Their Chief teaches them valuable lessons during their work days, while learning lessons himself on life and marriage from a wise co-worker. Firefighting actions scenes bring a sense of teamwork to the film as they work hard to save lives, while his good friend teaches him the correlation between their job and marriage.

The lives of Caleb and Katherine Holt will teach you about the sanctity of marriage and the battle we face to save the next generation from the grips of the enemy's tactics to destroy what God has created for us. Fireproof's filmmakers have created valuable resources created to help guide you through the film and a journey back to the marriage God intended for us all to have.

My husband and I are currently reviewing The Love Dare and have a leather-like bound copy to give away to one lucky reader. Although Growing in Grace Magazine's audience is mainly younger ladies, we know that your mother's read as well. We wanted to make this give away available to as many people as possible. Please be sure to tell a friend about this giveaway. You can help spread the message of marriage redemption by sharing about this review and giveaway to others in the following ways:
Email the link to this article to all your friends and family.
Tweet about this article on Twitter.
Share this article on your Facebook page.
Blog about this article.
The main objective of this giveaway is not about who wins the book, but rather how many lives we can touch by spreading the word about Fireproof the Movie. If hosting this book giveaway here at GGM will bring people to read the review and click on the links contained in this article, we pray that marriages can be saved and strengthened by the ministry that Sherwood Films has invested in. Their goal is not to reap a financial benefit from sales of this film, but rather to lead souls to Christ and see marriages defeat the enemy and gain the victory Christ wants us to have.

If you have the opportunity to spread the word through the various internet outlets to enter this giveaway then please do so.

Leave us a comment if you'd like to be entered to win 'The Love Dare'.

Grab the code to help spread the word!





Sisterlisa is the owner and Editor-in-Chief of Growing in Grace Magazine and owner of AGMinistries, a devotion blog for women. She is married and homeschools her four children while remaining active in community service and leads the deaf ministry at her church.

You can purchase the Fireproof movie at these stores:
Family Christian Stores
Walmart (Fireproof and Flywheel Pack BEST DEAL)
Other Stores Listed here

THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER. WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY.

44 comments:

Lesley Peck said...

I've been doing the 40 Day Love Dare Challenge but I would love to read the book to get more insight into how to build a better relationship with my hubby. I tweeted, stumbled, and posted a link of Facebook and my blog. Thanks for posting such a great article! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to enter!!

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/toria/653152/

Blessings!
Miss Toria

Anonymous said...

I'd love to enter!! I'll spread the word all I can!!

Love all of you at GGM!!!

Alli said...

I would LOVE to enter. Usually when I hear about giveaways I am always to late. This time I am not. YAY!

alligirlforgod@yahoo.com

Alli

Barb J. said...

I can't wait to see the movie, and I am certainly interested in reading the book. I would love to enter the giveaway!

Penny said...

I would love to win this book. Please tell me how/where I can purchase the DVDs. Thanks so much for the giveaway!
Blessings to All!
Penny
http://www.pennylaneboutique.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to be entered I think my marriage needs this.

Blessings,
Angie
ratzlaff@ptd.net

Growing In Grace Magazine said...

Edited to add the stores where Fireproof the Movie can be purchased.

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this movie/book. I would like to be entered for the give away.

C Killingsworth said...

I would love to be entered into this contest. I have spread the word on my blog and twitted about it.
Here.

Anonymous said...

I would love to be entered! I will blog and Tweet about it later tonight.

windycindy said...

Hello! It is good to see Kirk Cameron again. I didn't know that he was not a believer when he married his wife. My husband and I have been married almost 23 years and I am ready to read a book on this topic.
Please add my name to your delightful book giveaway drawing. Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I have heard good things about the movie and am thankful that someone with Kirk Cameron's popularity is reaching out to help marriages. I would like to read this book and then pass it on to others.


crazydaisies123 (at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I have heard good things about this movie. I would love to read the book and then pass it on to my daughter and her husband and have her pass it on to her young friends who all seem to be getting married lately.

crazydaisies123 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Simply Stacie said...

I'd love to enter.

Krystal said...

*Yells loudly and shamelessly* YES! Enter me to win! This movie sounds absolutely wonderful!

PS- I like the new look of the site, and the picture at the top is just beautiful! :)

Vanderpolclan said...

We just watched this movie this past weekend. It was great! I would love to be entered into the draw.

BTW, Kirk Cameron was a christian when he married his wife. He became a christian at age 18, while on the set of Growing Pains.

Cindy
tcvp @ bmts . com

Anonymous said...

I just recently started the walk and are continuing to expose it to my husband so we can have the same goals. We saw the movie, I couldn't believe he agreed. It was the best. Not many films you can walk away saying that you cried, laughed, and was scared. We would be so blessed to win this!

Mrs. Mommy said...

I'd love to enter! It really was an amazing movie... I now have a friend on the verge of divorce and just recommended the book and movie to her - praying the Lord does a mighty work!

Angie said...

I would love to enter!!!My husband and I watched the movie last week and just fell in love with it!!!

Anonymous said...

We were blessed when a local church showed this movie. They are following up the showing with a Love Dare program. Our whole family went--to celebrate my parents 31st wedding anniversary. :) They say there's always more to learn.

Anyway, I'd love to be entered!

Blessings,

Abigail @ Pearls and Diamonds

Marina said...

Please count me in the drawing! ~:) I'd love to read this book! THanks!

sounders68 [at] gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Please enter me!

Marcia

scottsburrow (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Anonymous said...

I saw this with my family recently and would love to own it!

Thanks!

Lydia

joyfulportraits [at] gmail [dot] com

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a wonderful movie and book. I'd love to be included in the drawing for the book. I posted about this on my blog to help spread the word.

ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2009/02/spread-word.html

Anonymous said...

This movie was amazing - and I'd love to do The Love Dare for my hubby! Got ya posted on my blog - such a great online magazine here!

Sprittibee said...

Please enter me!

Anonymous said...

I would love to be entered!

We just saw the movie the other day for the first time. My husband knew how badly I wanted to see it and surprised me by buying it for us!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to win!

Kate said...

We just recently watched the movie. My dh is always looking to get his requests for movies into the library as early as he can, so when the movie came into the library we didn't have to wait long for it to be available.
We also lent it to my mom. Her dh told her over three years ago that he wanted out of the marriage. They have been living separately since then but are not divorced yet. I would love to be able to challenge my mom to go through the book.

Anonymous said...

i am so wanting to win this! i have yet to see the movie- not in my area- and i am jealously looking online at all there is to read about it! :)

Beth R. said...

Oh wow, enter me please!

NutterBoogle said...

Please count me in. I will email and tweet about it.

NutterBoogle@gmail.com

Colette S said...

Oh I absolutely want to enter! I want this book and I have to watch this movie. The problem is timing the dh and my schedule! So since it's gone from the theatres, I put it on my netflix but hopefully we can see it before then!

Unknown said...

Hello, I am new to Growing in Grace. I am a mother raising a young lady to be feminine, according to the Bible. This movie comes at a time when same-sex marriage is fast becoming the 'norm'. The gay and lesbian groups are having more and more say and weight than any other group and I am glad that some people are still fighting for traditional or biblical marriages. Thank you for the warning on content of the movie.
Josée Lévesque

Melissa M. said...

I'd love to win this. The movie is great!

misshoney_bee(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I will email the link

I like the movie and found it refreshing to hear no profanity

Chris F.

treehouse.queen18(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

My mom and dad loved that movie! I'd love to win it for them!

Valerie said...

I have not seen this movie yet, but I would love to. I saw it at Kmart but it was $30 (a little too expensive). I would love to win.
Valerie

Keeper of the Home said...

I recently bought the book and am working on Day 6 in fact. I think this book & film are great ministry tools that everyone can use to help their relationship(s) regardless as to what stage they are in.

I would love to win this additional copy to give to a dear couple at Church that have been having a rough time. They actually divorced each other and re-married each other 3 times. They are a dear sweet couple but the enemy is trying everything to attack them. This proves one things...GOD has great plans for this couple that the enemy is trying to stop. I think this book would be a great tool in their hands against the enemy's tactics.

I trust I am not too late to enter. Thank you for hosting this grand give-a-way.

Blessed Beyond said...

I'd love to enter. I am posting the code to my blog! This is very exciting. And I agree, it's about how many we reach.

Hugs and Blessings,

Anonymous said...

Hello. My husband & I have watched this movie together and it has a fantastic message. Please enter us into the competition. Thank you. Linda Wilson
Australia

Alicia said...

Thank you for the chance to win. Just found your web site and I am really enjoying it! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

i heard someone my mom's friend knows saved their mariage by watching this.

LinkWithin