Thursday, January 29, 2009

More with Baking Soda

by Miss Maria Pauline

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/designergs/growingingrace/Jess/beautyplanner.jpg

I use baking soda as a face scrub. Mix with water into a paste and rub in circular motions on oily spots. Removes oil effectively without nasty chemicals.

My face is usually spared from major breakouts. My secret is quite simple, I wash it with water twice a day. Once in a while, I will use some baking soda, but I have found that most soaps only make my skin dependent on them - by taking out necessary oils my skin feels the need to make more.

Baking soda is also good for nice teeth. Just add some to your regular toothpaste, that way you still get fluoride, but the baking soda makes teeth feel very clean and it whitens them.

This beauty planner tip was sent in by Miss Maria Pauline

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How helpful! Do you think Baking Soda also helps with oily hair? I think Sisterlisa's daughter uses it for her hair but I'm a bit fuzzy on the details :( hmm... but I will definitely use your tips!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this tip! Since I need to avoid certain ingredients, there aren't many face scrubs I'm able to use, but baking soda sounds neat! I'll have to try it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, What a great tip!! I'm glad you posted it.I think I'll try that today!!! Aleisha

Anonymous said...

Hey, What a great tip!! I'm glad you posted it.I think I'll try that today!!! Aleisha

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!
As, I am not able to use many beauty products without breaking out from the harsh chemicals in them! I will definitly try this!

R.J.
www.virtuousgirlhood.com

LinkWithin