Monday, December 15, 2008

The Star

The other night I went to a Christmas party with the teens in my church group. It is where you can go around and steal someone's gift or go open a new one. I got to take a gift from someone and it was a whole set of Bible things!! I got a book called, "Wonderful Names of our wonderful Lord (WNWL)." Then I got a set with a Bible dictionary, a Bible concordance and a Bible handbook! I was so excited! This morning I was reading a little devotion in the WNWL book and I wanted to share it with you all. One of the names of our wonderful Lord is, that He is "A Star."

Numbers 24:17, "I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth."
What could be a more perfect name for God than "A Star?" It shines so brightly that nobody not even if you tried, can get away from it. When the wise men were guided by the star to get them to Bethlehem they always could see it. It never left them and it was always by them. God is just like that.

He is the Star and we will always see it in any sort of trouble that we are in or if we need some help he is always there helping us to see Him all along the way.
In the devotion in the book it says, "...a morning STAR, promise of a better day." So if you get up early in the morning it will be easier to find the Star because it is quiet and calm in the morning.

The Sailors navigate the oceans at night by watching the "star's." Just how we can navigate this dark world by watching the "Star."


Dear God, Thank-you that I could find this devotion in my book today Lord, so I could share it with everyone! Help me to apply it to my life today and thank-you for showing me your Star this morning. Amen




6 comments:

Grace said...

That is absolutely lovely, Miss MJ! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. The analogies you drew from the devotional are very deep and encouraging.

Thank you again!
~Grace

Serendipitymom12 said...

What a beautiful and lovely post you wrote Miss Monica! I have forgotten all about Jesus being a star and he IS a beautiful star that guides us and glows when everything is dark. God bless you!

Jacque Dixon said...

Love this, Miss MonicaJ!
Since my maiden name is Starr, I have always loved stars. Used to be a part of my signature! :)

I just received an email from a homeschool mom who said of Hannukah:
"We are getting ready to celebrate Hanukkah beginning on Sunday night, December 21st and we celebrate that Jesus is the Light of the World. It is a time of dedication and renewal to the Lord and His Word."

Ohhh, did that make me smile. It filled my heart with joy, knowing that God sent His Son to be the light of the world and already had a feast/holiday for His people to celebrate Him.

I also have the book, Wonderful Names of our wonderful Lord, and I love it! There are 365 names; one for each day of the year! I actually wrote the date of each day onto each page(but ask mom before doing that to yours!).

Revelation 22:16
"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

love, Mrs. D

Angie said...

Praise Him!

MINDY HAMMONS said...

miss monica
Watching u grow in Christ has helped me in many ways. U are a very strong young lady and one day i hope Alexis will be as in love with the Lord as u are. Thank u for being the way u are

Monica said...

Oh Miss Mindy you are so sweet! I am glad you want her to look up to me. I hope I am a good example :)

Thank-you everyone for your comments! I didn't think of Jesus as a Star until I read that in my book ;P Thank-you all! Merry Christmas!

~Miss Monica June~

LinkWithin