Monday, March 10, 2008

The Man of My Dreams


When I was a little girl I often dreamed about getting married. Thoughts of dating never crossed my mind as a young girl. I never dreamed about the day I would go on a date, I only dreamed about getting married! As a little girl I had a gentleman doll in a black suit and a lady doll in a white dress and flowers in her hands. One thing that did not come into my mind was where I would find the man of my dreams. I just thought about the wedding day. I must have somehow had a child like faith that it would just happen one day. God's Word tells us that He wants us to have faith in Him as a little child.




Matthew 18:2-3, "2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."



Now in this passage Jesus is talking about having faith to trust Him as their Savior and enter the kingdom of heaven, but I would think that I am safe to assume that He would like for us to have this same child like faith in Him for every area of our lives. The Lord did not put thoughts of worry into their minds about trusting in Him such as, "What church should I go to in order to get to heaven?" God's Word just tell us to go to church to worship Him with other believers. (See the book of Acts) Attending church doesn't get us to heaven just as going to a specific school or working at a job wouldn't guarantee me a husband.

I have been able to be involved in several different ministries through our church, my husband's ministry, as well as in community service in the northern part of our state and I can tell you from my experience, that a virtuous woman is indeed hard to find. They were hard to find in the days of King Lemuel and they are still hard to find today. Yet, King Lemuel's mother taught him to find one! She told him to look for a virtuous woman and what to look for in her character as a lady. Proverbs 31 tell us all the details of the conversation she had with her son.

In Titus chapter 2 God's Word tells the women that they are to teach the younger women. It is the mother's responsibility and opportunity to teach her daughters to be virtuous women. If you do not have a mother in your life, a godly step-mother or another godly lady can still teach you. Seek the wisdom of your father or parental guardian for who to allow as a biblical woman in your life.

As you are preparing yourself to be a virtuous woman, I have faith that God will send you the man that is meant to find you, no matter where you are in the world. In the upcoming weeks and months we will continue to study God's Word further on this matter of being a virtuous lady for the Lord and for your future husband. We will explore the aspects of biblical courtship as your parents follow biblical principles in being the authority in your life. You won't find the word 'courtship' or 'dating' in God's Word as it is a cultural practice and that practice varies from country to country and culture to culture. However, we can use Biblical principles to follow as a guideline in preparing ourselves for the future God has planned for us.

I believe that God has chosen who you will one day marry, or if you will marry at all. Some women never marry a man, but are deeply dedicated to the Lord and they are virtuous for Him in His service. I can't tell you that you will get married one day, but I believe, by faith, that God will use a godly young lady who has dedicated herself to be a pure virtuous woman to be a wife one day.

Virtuous women are hard to find, but godly gentlemen are looking for her. I believe that as we see that the virtuous woman has become an endangered and almost extinct possibility, that God will place you within the loving relationship of a godly gentleman. You can begin today by praying for God's will to be done in your life. Place yourself on your prayer list and begin praying that God will prepare you to be what He wants in a young woman.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, wonderful.... wonderful post. I only wish I had this LONG ago... before I started dating! My husband came into my life when I was definitely NOT looking for a husband.. and I knew right away he was the one (even though I was already dating someone). I wish I would have trusted God more in this area of my life!

LinkWithin