
As we are coming into this wonderful season the flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing, and everything is taking place in what we call spring. Usually when people think of spring they think of flowers. Personally, my favorite flower is the daffodil. It has a very bright yellow color and always makes me feel cheerful.
Here in the world people spend hundreds of dollars on flowers to plant around their house or in their garden, but in the Bible God says that the world will not last forever although He does say that the place He is getting ready for us will last for eternity. So next time you are about to buy some flowers think about this, the grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our God shall stand forever.
Isaiah 40:7a, "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth:" (KJV)
10 comments:
Thank you Ms. O.
This reminds me of the time my hubby came home and presented me with these flowers he stopped on his way home from work and picked just for me. Now when I see these flowers, my thoughts always turn sweetly to him. :o)
~lisa
All the more reason to store up God's word in our hearts. I'll think of that when I see a daffodil.
great devotion Lady Olivia! I love daffosils too, I also love calla lilies!
sorry I love daffodils.
I can hardly wait for the daffodils here, Olivia! We have some green buds coming up, but it seems like winter lasts too long here!!
I also love to garden. From winter to fall, we plan or work it. It is one of the places I find the Lord in the most, I think. I can talk to Him and reflect on His Word as I hoe, weed or sow. It is no wonder the first place he put man was in The Garden. :)
blessings, MrsD
Wow! That was a great post Ms. Olivia. My Mom and I read it together. Thank you for the post.
Miss Hannah
Wow. Such color. We are waiting on warmer weather here where I live.
Abraham Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio
Wowey!
Good Post Lady Olivia! It was a great devotion. People need to think about this sort of thing.
It is nice to have flowers blooming but we need to remember the verse you said, "The grass withereth and the flowers fade, but the word of the Lord will stand forever."
Very nice! Great job!
Love,
Lady Rachel
Ps. I love daffodils. We have some that come up every year. I can hardly wait for all of the flowers and green grass to come back. I am tired of this bleak and wet weather! :)
Good Post Lady Olivia! It was a great devotion. People need to think about this sort of thing.
It is nice to have flowers blooming but we need to remember the verse you said, "The grass withereth and the flowers fade, but the word of the Lord will stand forever."
Very nice! Great job!
Love,
Lady Rachel
Ps. I love daffodils. We have some that come up every year. I can hardly wait for all of the flowers and green grass to come back. I am tired of this bleak and wet weather! :)
Post a Comment