Thursday, March 27, 2008

History of the Auntie Anne's Pretzel



History of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels

Auntie Anne’s started back in 1988, when Anne Beiler and her husband his name is Jonas, sold snacks that included, hand-made soft pretzels. They were both trying to make different varieties of ingredients to make different pretzels. Then it struck them, they created a new kind of pretzel that was beyond delicious! Their corporation grew to 940 positions. They are now making their one billionth pretzel!

My mom, my younger sister, and I went to Auntie Anne’s and I purchased an original pretzel with salt, my mom purchased a raisin pretzel with cinnamon and sugar, and my sister purchased a cinnamon and sugar pretzel. While we were waiting in line, my sister and I walked over and talked to a worker whose name was Jonathon. He told me that the most popular pretzel is the original; they sell about 400 original pretzels a day! Auntie Anne's has a reading program too. If you read 5 books you get a free pretzel! Check with your local store for more details.

National Pretzel Day is full of excitement and fun. Everyone makes different types of pretzels and taste them. Share your favorite home-made pretzel with us! In celebration of National Pretzel day, we are giving away this free $5 gift card to Auntie Anne's so you can get your free pretzel. Simply reply to this message to enter. Leave a link where you can be contacted. If you link to this article and talk about this on your blog we'll enter your name TWICE into the contest!


2 comments:

Lady Jess said...

Hm. I will mention it on my blog, but I don't think that I am eligable for the prize. Great history lesson, Lady Mj.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lady Mj,

Yum! That sounds so good!

Am I eligible to enter?

~Alyssa

LinkWithin