Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mama's Famous Potato Salad

by Miss Cassandra

My mother has a potato salad recipe that I rave over. All of the people who have had potlucks with us over the years have asked her to bring her famous potato salad again and again. I made it for some friends and they raved over it as well. When I think of salad it is the first thing that comes to my mind. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate national salad month than to share the recipe with young women who can then pass it on to others. I hope all of you enjoy this as much as I do.


Mama's Famous Potato Salad

10-12 medium red potatoes
6-7 eggs
2 medium red sweet onions
3-4 stalks of celery
4 lg. dill pickles
1 med. garlic clove
5 tbls. Best foods Mayonaise
2 tbls. French's mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare:
boil potatoes 35-40 minutes - drain and rinse w/ cool water -- do NOT skin - chill in fridge overnight - chop
boil eggs - chill in fridge overnight as well - chop
peel and dice onions
chop celery
TOSS EVENLY

Combine in a separate bowl:
minced pickles and pickle juice
pressed garlic
mayonnaise
mustard
salt
pepper

Finish:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
sprinkle lightly with Paprika
add halved black olives as a garnish


Cassandra is in love with the Lord in a way different than it ever before. She was always brought up to know the Bible. Recently she has come to live out the Bible in a freedom that she never thought was possible. God is showing her things in such a real and close way. She loves knowing without any doubt that He cares about the tiny details of our lives. She blogs at Content of Praise.



1 comment:

Amy Johnson said...

Hi,

Sounds yummy indeed :) Thanks for the recipe.

Just one small hint, to save energy and water:
I always boil eggs and potatoes in the same saucepan and take the eggs out after 20 minutes.

Amy

LinkWithin