Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beauty Planner: Cleaning Curly Hair


By Lady Jess

Well, I have just recently discovered how curly my hair is. Here are some home remedies that I found for cleaning curly hair.

1. Ingredients: 1 tb baking soda, 1 cup warm water.
~ Combine above ingredients in a spray bottle and shake.
~ Wet, wash, and blot dry hair.
~ Spray with mixture.
~ Allow to sit for a minute or so, then rinse with cool water.
~ Blot dry again, style as usual.

2. Ingredients: 1 lemon, your usual amount of conditioner.
~ More clarifying and cleansing than any shampoo, this moisturizing and neutralizing tonic adds shine to your hair and removes buildup. It's especially good for very dry or damaged hair.
~ Combine juice of 1 large lemon with your usual amount of conditioner, then rinse through hair thoroughly.

Well, that is all that I will leave you with for now, but I may share more later on. Enjoy, and post your comments if these tips worked for you. ;)


Lady Jess is a teen lady who is homeschooled along with her siblings. She assists her mother in teaching her younger siblings, is an interpreter in her church's deaf ministry, sings in the choir, and is the Toys for Tots Assistant in her county.

Related Articles:
Clarifying the Hair
Hair Colors
Healthy Hair


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your hair! It's so beautiful!

~ Kira
http://themissionofachristian.wordpress.com/

Angie said...

Lovely locks. I am letting my hair grow longer again and have also noted that it is curlier than it used to be. The curls do better without a hair dryer, plus it saves it from the damaging heat.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lady Jess!
I have curly hair (a lot like yours only a little shorter and much darker :) and can't wait to try those tips. I'm always looking for new ways to improve my hair and find new things to do with it. I'd love to hear any other tips you might find!
~Hannah~

Elizabeth said...

AWWW such beautiful hair!!!

-Miss Elizabeth @ Walking In His Steps

Anonymous said...

Your hair is soo beautiful!!!

Miss Hannah said...

That is a very lovely picture! Your hair is beautiful! Nice curly hair!

Love,
Miss Hannah
http://dixonhomestead.com/hannah/

LinkWithin