Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fruity Pops~ A Sweet Summer Treat




I love Popsicles in the summer time so why not have some healthy ones that still taste delicious? Cantaloupe is sweet and has Vitamins A and C. It is the main ingredient in this recipe, but now that I think about it, you could even try experimenting with other fruits.







Ingredients:
·6 oz. can frozen fruit juice (pink lemonade is really good)
·3 cups cubed cantaloupe or other melon
·3/4 cup water
·10 paper drink cups
·10 wooden Popsicle sticks



Preparation:
In a blender, add fruit juice concentrate and cantaloupe until smooth. Fill each drink cup with about 1/3 cup of this mixture and freeze until partially frozen, about 1 hour. Insert wooden sticks and freeze until firm. When you are ready to serve just peel away the paper cup. This should make about ten cups, enough for your family and
some friends too! Enjoy!




7 comments:

SuperAngel said...

I am not much for melons, but I like a lot of other fruits I am going to try!

Thanks for the recipe!

Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

CalvaryGirl said...

These look yummy!! Do you use the froze juice concentrate for the pink lemonade?

Savannah Nichole said...

That looks good, I'll have to try it. Savannah

Jacque Dixon said...

YUMMMM -MEE!
I love popsicles! We all do! It is a real treat all year long for us.
These sound delicious. I know our Littles will will love to make these!

Thank you Lady Olivia~

Olivia :) said...

Yes, Wendy the frozen juice concentrate works best. Hope you like them!

CalvaryGirl said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

What a very good post Lady Olivia!! I love your posts!! I like your Paper Bag post to.... I am doing the Creative Kitchen to!!

Well ttyl !!

Love,
Miss Hannah

LinkWithin