Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's Only A Matter of Time


Some say that a child spells love, T-I-M-E. Christians were told in the book of Acts that to look for Christ's appearing because it is promised that He will be back. Acts 1:11, "Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

The Lord tells us in Ephesians 5:16, "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."

In Esther 4:14 she is admonished by Mordecai that she could be in the King's home for 'such a time as this' in order to save her people.
It is evident throughout scripture that Time is also very important to the Lord.
We are commanded to be diligent with our time here on earth. Keep in mind that this world is not our home, we're just passing through. A person who has trusted the Lord Jesus as their Saviour has an eternal home in Heaven and we are entrusted by the Lord to do His will, which is to spread the Word about Salvation so that more may have the joy of entering his gates one day.

Mark 16:15, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."


What is it that you do each day that serves the Lord? We know that when we get to Heaven that Christians will be asked what they did for the Lord and He will then present us with our rewards, which of course we will turn and give those back to him as our gifts to Him. Yet what are we doing each day to earn those rewards that we want to be able to place at His feet?

I have led numerous people to the Lord and I am honored that the Lord allows me to do that. There is no greater joy than to be able to be a part of someone's salvation day. To see their face when they realize Jesus really loves them and see them ask Him to save them so they may enter heaven one day. I can sense their burden of sin lifted immediately. There is no other experience like it.

As we see sin growing in this world today we sense that His appearing is coming soon! Each time I turn on the news or read the newspaper I sense that Jesus is coming soon.

Matthew 24:26, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

I find myself praying to the Father to allow His Son to come and get us so we may be with the Lord. The burden of sin in this world is heavy on my heart. Are you praying for the Lord's return?

Matthew 24:42 says, "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come."

He wants us to watch for him! He is coming soon!
Do you sense the Lord's return coming soon?
Do you pray to the Father to allow His Son to come get His children?
Are you actively trying to win souls to Christ?

It's only a matter of time before the Lord returns. What are you doing with your time?



2 comments:

Angie said...

Sisterlisa, I have the same impression and sense of urgency. Thank you for being a watchman on the wall.

Christina said...

Yes, our time is short and valuable. Thank-you for reminding us!

I really love the verse about REDEEMING the time b/c the days are evil. I used to quote that one to myself a lot and need to start doing that again! (Not just quoting it, but living it!)

LinkWithin