Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pastor Appreciation Month

October is Pastor Appreciation Month. Therefore, I have decided to post a few ideas to let your pastor know that you appreciate him.

Flood your pastor's mailbox with cards. Choose a week and get the word out quietly...this pastor appreciation idea works best if it's a surprise. You could choose a week that you know will be especially difficult for your pastor. Or, flood his mailbox while he is away on vacation or at a conference so that he is welcomed home by an avalanche of greetings.

Don't forget the pastor's family's birthdays.

Find out what his favourites are. Favourite candy bar, soda, dessert; any of these.

Send he and his family a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.

Just tell him how much he and his family means to you.

These are just to name a few of the many things that you could do for your pastor. Think of some things on your own.

Happy Pastor appreciation month to every single pastor of the church of God out there.

The Bible says in 1 Timothy 3: 1-7, "1This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil"

We appreciate all of the pastors in this world. Keep on preaching the Word and pleasing God. You will be blessed.

*SHOUT OUT TO MY PASTOR* I love you, Pastor R, in all of the right ways. I appreciate how much you have served us in these past years and encouraged me every step of the way. I am so proud to call you my pastor and friend. If there is ever any thing that our family can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.


3 comments:

Jacque Dixon said...

What a great list, Lady Jess! I know your family loves your Pastor. You all are a great example of brotherly love!
It's one of the things I love about your family! ONE of the many things!

blessings!
MrsD

http://jacquedixon.com

Sisterlisa said...

Thank you Lady Jess. I know the world is short on good pastors who teach the Word of God and I am thankful for all pastors who do their job well and commit themselves to serving God's people. Having a good pastor is a gift from God.

Jeremiah 3:15, "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding."

Jeremiah says a lot about pastors and it's worthy of a study.

**Thank you Pastor R for all you do and for your family also. Your wife and children serve the people of our church well. We are blessed to have you**

Angie said...

Such good ideas. I like the idea of remembering family members. There are great demands on the whole family. Thanks, Lady Jess.

LinkWithin