Sunday, August 31, 2008

Miss Kaitlyn: Daughter of the King

Miss Kaitlyn

Miss Kaitlyn is a Contributor to GGM, and the oldest daughter in her family. I have had the pleasure of knowing Miss Kaitlyn's family for a couple of years now, and I am pleased to share her interview with you this month!



MrsD: Hi Kaitlyn. I know you love the Lord, can you tell me how long have you known Jesus as your Saviour?

PhotobucketMiss Kaitlyn: Well, my mom and dad have always taught me about God, but if you're asking when I asked Him into my heart I'd say I truly understood it when I was 10.

MrsD: Do you remember when you realized you needed him to forgive you of your sins and be the Lord of your live? Can you tell us about it?

Miss Kaitlyn: At first I just thought you could just pray a prayer and everything would be okay. Then, if you sinned you'd be okay. (Even though mom and dad taught me otherwise.) When I was 10 I really felt like I should repent, and I went to my mom and said that I knew I was a sinner and needed God in every part of my life. I needed a fresh, new fire burning in me! That's when I also decided to get baptized because I really, truly understood.

Family

MrsD:Tell us about your family. What is it like being the oldest daughter?Photobucket

Miss Kaitlyn: I have three brothers (ages 14, almost 13 and 10) and one sister who will be 8 this month. There are some pros and cons of being the oldest. I like being the oldest because then I get different privileges that are only for older children, but the drawback is that the other children look up to me.

MrsD: Why do you consider that a drawback?

Miss Kaitlyn: If I do something wrong the other children see what I do. It is like being under a microscope. I want to be a better a example to my brothers and sister and show them that mom and dad know what they are doing and that they are always consulting God.


MrsD: Tell us a little bit about your Dad and how he plays a big role in your life.

Mr. Brown and Miss Kaitlyn flying a kite together
Photobucket

Miss Kaitlyn: My dad is in the Navy. He provides for us: money, food, etc. He protects me and the other children from the outside world. My dad and I have a good relationship. We like to talk about the Bible. He takes us lots of great places and teaches us many new things. He is very smart and very funny. When I am older I know he will be watchful over my relationships leading up to marriage, and I am so thankful for that!


MrsD: Your mom, Mrs. Brown, also writes with you for GGM, can you tell us of some other things you like to do with your Mom?

Miss Kaitlyn: I'd say that my mom and I are pretty close. We like to do things like talk about how we can improve. She and I share things with each other. Some of the things we like to do for fun are scrapbooking, crocheting, sewing, and anything artsy!

Homeschool

MrsD:Tell us why you love being homeschooled.Photobucket

Miss Kaitlyn: I like being homeschooled because I can learn more things that are my style. I am able to learn it in my own timing. I can learn things that I am interested instead of only things that I don't understand or enjoy. I also like being homeschooled because I like being with my mom and I like being in a Christian environment.

Miss Kaitlyn with her Mom, Mrs. Brown, and her Grandma and sister.

MrsD: What is your favorite subject or topic to study?

Miss Kaitlyn: I like art very much (all arts: music, photography, painting, crafts), but I also enjoy science, especially physical science.

Poetry and other Interests

MrsD: I know you love to write poetry. Can you tell me how you came to love it?

Miss Kaitlyn Bundled in PrayerMiss Kaitlyn: I mostly like poetry because I have seen many of the poems my mom has written and I wanted to be able to compose beautiful words like she does. It is a legacy in our family. My Aunt Julie, my mom, my grandmother, and even my great-grandmother all have written lots of beautiful poetry! I feel that poetry helps me express my emotions when I am not able to say it out loud.

MrsD: Does it just come naturally?

Miss Kaitlyn: Sometimes it does and sometimes I really have to think about it. Sometimes it just comes to me... it kind of depends on the situation!

Photobucket

MrsD: What are some of your favorite things to write about?

Miss Kaitlyn: I like to write about living Biblically. Most of my writings fall into this theme. I write about modesty, being kind to siblings, obedience, purity, and other subjects pressing on my heart. Much of my writing is inspired by praising God too.


MrsD: Tell me about some of your other interests.

Miss Kaitlyn: I love to sing! You can hardly get me to stop singing! I used to take dance classes and loved it. I like exercising (although I need to get back into that habit!) I enjoy drama (I did a lot of acting when I was younger).

Your Future

MrsD: You are 16, tell us the picture you have of your future and some of your goals.

PhotobucketMiss Kaitlyn: My present goal is to complete my formal education although I never want to stop learning. I would like to learn the skills I will need to be a good wife and mother in my adult life. I hope to marry a Godly man and have as many children as God wants me to have. I would like to be a stay-at-home mom and homeschool my children. I hope I can use my writing, photography and other skills to bless my family now and in the future. I plan to always draw closer to God each and every day.

Miss Kaitlyn also helps her mother out in her ministry-business, Bundled in Prayer. Her beautiful shawl and afghan were created by Mrs. Brown.

Thank you Miss Kaitlyn for sharing a little of your life, your family and your love for the Lord with us! I pray that you will continue to draw closer to Him as you set a great example for the lovely family God has given you!

Love you Kaitlyn~

3 comments:

Monica said...

Hey Kaitlyn! I am so glad you got to be a cover girl! have fun!

Anonymous said...

A very sweet article....
Cute pictures...
kaitlyn seems like a very special young lady

Grandma Starr

Angie said...

What a lovely lady you are. God bless you in all that you do.

LinkWithin