Monday, February 25, 2008

The Laundry

Ugh! Not the laundry again. How come it always has to be me? The soap, the suds, drying the laundry, folding the laundry…sometimes it’s a dread! All of these things come to mind when I do the laundry.

While I was doing that, I remembered that God can help us through hard situations like this. He’s always there when we need Him even if it’s a small problem like this. I also thought that we should try to purify our hearts more with God’s word and His righteousness.

Just like washing clothes they have to be cleaned and purified if they want to have a fresh new start. God can do that exact thing. All we have to do is call on Him. Hey, laundry isn’t so bad after all!!

Isaiah 1:18, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (KJV)

Dear God, thank you for washing away all of our sins by Jesus’ dying on the cross. Help us have pure hearts through your word. In Jesus’ name, amen.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

I can understand this perfectly! My biggest responsibility around the house is the laundry. It can get tiresome but God can help us do it cheerfully!

Sallie said...

I'm enjoying looking around and helping my daughter set things up on her blog. Victoria is going to love this place!

God bless,
Sallie

LA Nickers said...

I love that Scripture, Isaiah 1:18. What a nice, uplifting blog for young ladies! As a mom to daughters, I am so glad to have found you.

Blessings to you,
Linda N

http://practicallyathome.blogspot.com

Miss Virginia said...

Lady Olivia I like your devotion.

Anonymous said...

Lady Olivia~
I love the way that you tied in an everyday experience to learning the Word and what God desires us to be!
This is just what Jesus did when He taught.
This is how I try to teach our children. I call them Living Learning Moments. God shows Himself to us in such simple things! Isn't it a comfort to know that He is with us in even the smallest things? (Of course, sometimes our laundry isn't a small thing!!) :)
Sounds like you are on your way to becoming the girl He is working in you.
blessings my dear~
Mrs.D

Anonymous said...

Very cool post.. I love your website!

Samantha

P.S your abart of my ... Whats on the web on my blog!

Olivia :) said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

~Olivia

LinkWithin